Partners in Pregnancy
OhioHealthy recognizes that pregnancy in itself can be a life-altering journey and even the most experienced mom may feel in need of extra support.
That’s why we developed the Partners in Pregnancy Program -- a program dedicated to providing guidance, support, and education to all expectant moms with OhioHealthy insurance. This program is available at no charge to every subscriber or their spouse enrolled with OhioHealthy.
What OhioHealthy Has to Offer
A Pregnancy Partner will provide:
- Help in finding a participating physician
- Timely health tips mailed directly to your home
- A list of important resources
- Help in coordinating prenatal care
- Screenings for risk
- Referrals to community classes or services
- Help locating resources when transportation assistance to medical appointments is needed
Important Health Information to Remember About Your Pregnancy
Timely doctor visits are important. To make sure you and your baby are healthy, see your doctor at least:
- Once every 4 weeks for the first 6 months
- Once every 2 weeks for the 7th and 8th months
- Once a week in the 9th month
Your doctor may ask you to visit more often or may ask you to consent to testing and counseling.
Call your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Change in vaginal discharge
- Vaginal bleeding
- Regular contractions/tightening of the uterus
- Abdominal cramps with or without diarrhea
- Pelvic pressure - it feels like the baby is pushing down
- Low, dull backache near your tailbone
- Fluid leaking from the vagina (your water breaks)
- Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher and/or chills
Get a flu shot (if recommended by your doctor)
To access pregnancy support services, please call the Member Advocate telephone number on your OhioHealthy member ID card, 1 (614) 485.7941 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell our representative that you are pregnant, and ask to be connected with a case manager who can answer questions about pregnancy.
If you are pregnant, you don’t have to wait until we call you-you can contact us at any time.
American College of Obstetricians (ACOG)
1 (202) 638.5577 | www.acog.org