24/7 Nurse Advice Line
When illnesses or injuries occur after hours or when the physician’s office is closed, OhioHealthy members have the 24/7 Nurse Advice Line.
Calling the 24/7 Nurse Advice Line puts you in contact with a professional nurse who can assess your medical situation, advise you as to where to seek care, and if possible, suggest self-care options until you can see your physician. In any life-threatening emergency situation, always go to the closest emergency room or call 911.
Here are steps you can follow to help ensure your care is covered at the highest benefit level when you are faced with an illness or injury after hours:
- Call your physician.
- If your physician is unavailable, call the 24/7 Nurse Advice Line -- 1-844-834-4375.
- When you call, you will be connected with a nurse trained in emergency, acute, OB/GYN, and pediatric care. Please note: the nurse will not have access to your medical records, cannot diagnose medical conditions, order lab work, write prescriptions, order home health services, or initiate hospital admissions.
- When talking to the nurse, be sure to have the following information readily available:
- The Member ID number of the person who is ill or has been injured. This number is on the front of the member ID card.
- Detailed information regarding the illness or injury.
- Any other relevant medical information about the patient, such as other medical conditions or prescriptions. Keep in mind that nurses do not have access to medical records or other pertinent health information and are relying on you to provide them with relevant information.